Key Internal Interfaces: Customer Services Team; Network Designers; Technical Support;
Project Managers; Product Manager; Account Managers; Pre-Sales
Technical Support Manager.
Key External Interfaces: ITS Suppliers; ITS Contractors; Sales Partners
Main Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Head of Service Management and Transformaiton You will be the first point of call
for partners that need additional support from the business and will be responsible for building and
nurturing relationships to keep our partners on the happy path. The role will involve conducting
service reviews building get-well plans where appropriate and being the face of the operations team,
you will need to build strong relationships both internal and external to drive continual service
The role is not just partner facing, you will also take the lead driving service improvement with our
suppliers and contractors to improve our delivery lead times and keep us delivering service faster than
our competitors. A successful Service Relationship Manager will have experience across
Customer Service, Customer Support or Sales in the telecommunications industry, with a strong
advantage for those from a network provider background.
You will need to thrive under pressure, because in an ideal world our partners would never need to
contact you. You will be proactive in your approach and when something is not working to our partners
expectations, whether in delivery or support, you will be there to restore confidence and drive internal
and external teams to deliver customer excellence.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Working with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate and take the lead in identifying
operational service improvements.
• Leading partner service reviews and supporting account managers in the field.
• Driving continual service improvement and the creation and implementation of get-well plans
• Act as a customer advocate and a strong voice of the customer internally.
• Work collaboratively with Account managers and Operations leads to build relationships with
key internal stakeholders and to drive customer growth.
• Act as an escalation point for the customer.
• Where required, provide feedback and input into the Service Delivery and support
management team to improve processes across the operations function.
• Drive performance with our suppliers and contractors
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Act in accordance with our values and behaviours
• Take active responsibility for your own career development and performance
• Ensure your conduct is within our policies.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties
as assigned from time to time by their manager or a senior leader.
This job description may vary in consultation with the post holder to reflect changes within the
marketplace, the department, or the business.
Job Title: Service Relationship Manager
Qualifications & Training
• ITIL foundation
Experience & Knowledge
• Experience improving service and relationships across a large portfolio of clients
• Knowledge of telecommunications products with a focus on ethernet access and FTTP
• Experience working with internet service providers both UK and International
• In-depth knowledge of fibre delivery
• Excellent presentation skills
Skills/Abilities & Relevant Competencies
• Experience in a similar role ideally within Telecommunications
• Experience delivering first class customer service
• Operational Background
• Able to change, adapt quickly
• Experience managing suppliers/contract agreements
• Ability to present to senior stakeholders internal and external
• Ability to create, maintain and present service improvement documentation
• The role will involve regular travel throughout the UK to visit our partners and attend
conferences and events
• Experience of using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems or portals
• Able to travel to various ITS office locations as requested
• Full UK driving Licence
• Able to travel to multiple customer locations