Key Purpose of the Role
The ITS network is undergoing a period of growth adding and developing new services and features and building its national network across the country. An IP commissioning engineer with experience of carrier class vendors and networks is required to join our commissioning team to provision new services on the ITS network. We offer a wide variety of products and services across our IP, XGS-PON and DWDM networks.
You will be working as part of a team, whilst working on a live network so attention to detail is critical and always maintaining outstanding customer communication and support.
- Provisioning activities including automated and manual configurations on network elements
- Provision in-life add & configuration change requests.
- Adopt a continual service improvement mentality
- Working cross functionally across all ITS teams
- Liase with ITS and build partner field engineers on installs and testing
- Diagnose provisioning issues through to resolution
- Adhere to quality and quantity key metrics for delivery
- Carry out scheduled tasks
Person Specification Overview
Experience and Knowledge
- CCNA certifications or demonstrable relevant experience.
- Experience of provisioning L2 and L3 services working in a similar commissioning role
- Competent on CLI and GUI/Network management tools
- Supplier management skills and experience
- Champion customer centricity with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Fibre networks – Knowledge of FTTx topology, including mixed networks with GPON, XGS-PON, NG-PON, NG-PON2, Gig Ethernet. Metro Ethernet and DWDM
- Exposure to monitoring telco systems such as RADIUS, TACACs
- Programmability/automation experience
- Competitive salary